Celebrating Halloween at the Middle School

Spiro Mihalatos, Photography Editor

| 6th grade Movie night | What to Expect this Halloween| Costume Contest |

What to Expect this Halloween

Throughout North Shore Middle School’s history, it has always been a tradition to host events throughout the year like E3 day and socials. Incorporating social events into school teaching could enhance student learning activities, increase their ability of social recognition, adaptation, and increase relations between students. 

6th Grade Social

The 6th grade Social event has been happening for years, and has grown to be a favored tradition among the middle school. It has let the 6th graders interact with one another in interesting ways. The social can range from brain eating zombies to a simple Disney character. The social is a fun and sometimes drama-filled experience with all of your friends. Before COVID-19, the Halloween Social was held on the cafeteria side of the school. Students had a range of options staying in the cafeteria to chat, and play games or going to the gym to play sports. This year, with all the restrictions, the school has done it’s best to give us a social, so this is what you need to know.

Due to the COVID-restrictions, the social is sadly being changed to a movie night. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t still have fun with your friends! The movie night is going to be held outside on October 29 at 7 pm. There will be snacks and pizza for you to enjoy. I recommend that to layer up; it could get chilly.  During the school day, students are able to wear their costumes throughout the day. No costume masks are allowed, but you can carry it around to show your friends and teachers in your full costume. 

Costume Contest

Among other traditions in the North shore Middle School,  this is one of the most favored among students. The morning of October 29, students in E3 Squad will be able to vote for the costume they like most in their squad. During your grade’s lunch period, the voted students will be judged by 2-3 judges ready to go through each of the costumes. The judges will judge you based on your creativity. Your costume can be homemade or store bought, it doesn’t really matter.