The Viking Voice

North Shore Middle School's Student-Run Newspaper

The Viking Voice

The Viking Voice

Tigers World 4
Tiger's World 4
April 8, 2024
Tigers World 3
Tiger's World 3
March 19, 2024

The Tale Of Emily

The old house stood on the outskirts of town, its crumbling facade a testament to the secrets it held within. Locals whispered of strange occurrences, of eerie noises that echoed through the halls at night. No one dared to venture near after sunset, for fear of what lurked in the shadows.
One stormy evening, a young writer named Emily found herself drawn to the house’s mysterious allure. With a curious mind and a desire for inspiration, she couldn’t resist the temptation to explore the abandoned mansion. Armed with only a flashlight and her notebook, she cautiously stepped through the creaking front door.
The air inside was heavy with a musty smell, and the sound of her footsteps echoed through the empty rooms. As she made her way up the grand staircase, Emily noticed faded portraits lining the walls, their eyes seeming to follow her every move. A shiver ran down her spine, but she pressed on, determined to uncover the truth.
In the attic, she discovered a hidden room, its entrance cleverly concealed behind a bookshelf. The room was filled with dusty old tomes and artifacts, relics of a forgotten era. Amongst them, Emily found a diary, its pages yellowed with age. As she read the entries, a chilling revelation began to unfold.
The diary belonged to a young woman named Amelia, who had lived in the house many years ago. She spoke of strange occurrences, of whispers in the night and objects moving on their own. Amelia’s words painted a picture of a vicious presence haunting the very walls she wrote within.
Determined to solve the mystery, Emily delved deeper into the house’s past. She discovered that the property had once been a sanctuary for a secret cult, conducting dark rituals to summon otherworldly beings. The cult’s members had disappeared under mysterious circumstances, leaving behind a trail of unanswered questions.
As Emily pieced together the puzzle, she realized that the house itself was a vessel for the evil that had been unleashed. The spirits of the long-departed cult members still lingered, trapped within its decaying walls, forever yearning for release.
But in her pursuit of the truth, Emily had unwittingly awakened the dormant forces. The house came alive with supernatural activity, doors slamming shut, objects levitating, and chilling whispers echoing through the night. Fear gripped her heart as she fought to survive the encroaching darkness.
Her attempts to banish the malevolent presence proved futile. The house became a labyrinth of nightmares, its walls twisting and shifting, trapping Emily within its claustrophobic grip. Each step she took led her deeper into a maze of horrors, where the line between reality and the supernatural blurred.
Days turned into weeks, and Emily’s sanity began to unravel. She could no longer discern between the malevolent spirits and her own tortured mind. Desperate for escape, she searched for a way out, but the house seemed determined to keep her as its eternal prisoner.
In the end, Emily became another tragic tale lost within the haunting confines of the old house. Her screams echoed through the night, unheard by the outside world. The secrets of the mansion remained buried, forever whispering their horrors to those who dared to listen.
And so, the old house stood on the outskirts of town, its secrets locked away with Emily’s tormented soul. Its doors remained closed, a foreboding presence that served as a chilling reminder of the darkness that lurked within.