The Viking Voice

North Shore Middle School's Student-Run Newspaper

The Viking Voice

The Viking Voice

Tigers World 4
Tiger's World 4
April 8, 2024
Tigers World 3
Tiger's World 3
March 19, 2024

Activities to Do in February

Besides sports
One of many photos from Bailey Arboretum

Ever bored, especially in February? Well, here are some things you can do at home and fun places you can go!

The first thing is if you like cleaning or just some rearranging, well how about your room! Move some stuff around and you’d be surprised how fun it is to have a fresh start with your room. The second thing is just some fun art such as just a pencil and paper or some paint; whatever floats your boat. The third thing to do out of your house is Whale and Seal watching especially if you are an animal lover. It does not cost that much and around this time of year, you see lots. Just go to: https://liwhaleandsealwatching.com/ for more info.

Another outside thing is the Bailey Arboretum. This place is a beautiful park/arboretum with live animals and several ponds with animals like turtles and fish and a fun play area. It also has a small outdoor museum with birds like owls and eagles. I highly recommend going there and it’s not that far–only about 10/15 from the school.

And here are some more at-home things you can do!

1. Cooking: this is a fun and relaxing way to show off your creativity and you may surprise yourself with what you make.
  2. Another thing to do is to make a small garden whether it’s inside or outside you can grow yummy veggies or just some flowers but if you like nature and the outdoors I would suggest this.
  3. Lastly, like to stimulate your brain while having fun? Well then I think puzzles are for you! Puzzles allow you to have your brain going while you can relax and enjoy some music or just think to yourself.

Well, thanks for reading! The idea for this article came from Ms.Miranda so thank her too!