The Viking Voice

North Shore Middle School's Student-Run Newspaper

The Viking Voice

The Viking Voice

April Pet of the Month
April Pet of the Month
April 18, 2024
March Pet of the Month
March Pet of the Month
April 18, 2024
Tigers World 4
Tiger's World 4
April 8, 2024
Nyx Art Competition✨
March 19, 2024
Tigers World 3
Tiger's World 3
March 19, 2024

New York Giants Draft Must Haves

In this article. I will be discussing my way-to-early draft picks for the New York Giants. While it is the beginning of the season, I think that the Giants will have picks from 15th or lower, mostly because of the toughness of their schedule.

1. Braelon Allen, Runningback, Wisconson

A 2nd round pick that is agile, tough and fast. When he breaks free, he makes the defenders look like they are going in slow motion. He likes the outside run but can really break free on the inside draws. He can easily find holes in the offense and run through them. He also can make solid jukes despite being a good power option. Probably best to put him on the goal line though

2. Blake Corum, Runningback, Michigan

Another 2nd round back. He is an elusive back that has incredible speed. He runs by defenders, making them look like they are stuck in quicksand. Once he breaks free, there is no chance that anyone is going to catch ho,.  He can change directions quickly, making simple changes look like impressive juke moves. and also can jump really well. He can also be a good goal runner, like Allen.

3. Jer’Zhan Newton, Defensive Linemen, Illinois

A great run stuffer, Newton will throw Offensive linemen to the side and make tackles that end up throwing a helpless runningback to the ground. He plays at Defensive Tackle but probably could play at Defensive End, replacing Leonard Williams after the Giants sent him off to Seattle. This, in my opinion, is the best option for the giants to use their first round pick on.

4. Kamren Kinchens, Saftey, Miami

Kinchens is great ball hawk. He is automatic with picks and with a struggling secondary for the Giants, this would be another good first round pick for the G-men. He makes Qb’s pay for bad throws and he can beat the receivers that try to make a leaping catch. Its just not fair when this guy is defending you

5. Cooper DeJean, Saftey, Iowa

He is great in man to man coverage and can make great tackles. he makes sure that opposing quarterbacks don’t through his way because when they do, he’s going to bat that football down. He is also an incredible punt returner that torches punt team after punt team, again and again.

In conclusion, these are 5 different players that the Giants should try to pick up.